Because I have always been so athletic, I have also always been heavier than most girls my size (muscle weighs more than fat...ya ya I know you know), and people have always looked at me crazy when I told them I weighed 148 lbs. 148 lbs can seem like a lot for a 5 foot 4 inches tiny chick I guess.
Anyways so counting calories is pretty tough at first, but once I set my mind to something, I usually see it through. I had the goal to get back to what I weighed when I met my current boyfriend 4 years ago. That meant losing 18 lbs to be 130 lbs total. It is now the end of March and I weigh between 124-127 lbs depending on if I was good or bad the days prior =p.
I have gone beyond my goal and now am more or less just happy to stay at this weight as I don't think it would be healthy for a muscular person like me to weigh less than what I do. I don't want to go under 120 lbs.
To get to my main point for today's introductory blog, I have consequently lost all and any control I had over my sweet tooth. I don't expose myself to cupcakes, cake, ice cream, pie, and so on so when I am exposed to such foods, I turn into....yes you guess it.... Cakezilla. It has become a definite problem. For example this weekend my boyfriend and I were invited to one of our friend's birthday party. They had Sprinkles cup cakes for everyone. Here is what happened in every little detail: I saw the box of Sprinkles and then saw people eating the mouth watering cupcakes. I proceeded to get off my ass and turn to Briton to say "OH! CUPCAKES ARE OUT, I'M GETTING ONE!" I proceeded to the box and got the one that looked the most coconutty just to bite into it and realize it was more vanilla-y with white sprinkles on top. Either way I didn't care I ate it so fast (cake first, frosting last...duh) it was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted and I automatically decided I wanted another but that I would wait until later, just to make sure everyone had at least one before fatty over here could get seconds. Then I actually saw birthday girl with the cupcake I had looked for. White with what was obviously coconut on top of the most likely coconut flavored frosting (god my mouth is watering right now). And birthday girl, god bless her with all her sweet tooth control ladylikeness, ate her perfect cupcake so so slowly, set it down a few times, before getting back to it and this whole cupcake dance drove me completely mad. I went crazy trying to plot how I could maybe steal it? Or maybe go into the kitchen to see if there were more cupcakes like that one? That cupcake was the only thing I could think of. I ended up leaving early (no, not because of the cupcake) but that was the only thing that saved me from going completely insane anyways. Anyways I didn't think much of it, ha, I'm pretty sure I only thought of that damn cupcake, even the day after. On Sunday we went to my boyfriend's moms house where I swore to myself I would have better control and be good with dessert. So I didn't have a lot of appetizers, I had about 3 chips. I didn't have any drinks, and I was very good with dinner. Salad, pulled pork, veggies. Then came desert and I had chocolate cake a little bit of vanilla ice cream and I think I was pretty good with that too. I got a small piece of cake so nice control there. But then once the sugar had hit my tongue, I just wanted more. His mom has a lot of snacks around the house and I started snacking....yes...after dinner!!! I had a few m&ms here and there, some other chocolate candies, and then I found a bag of cranberry, vanilla, covered almonds and ate like half the bag, and then more chocolate candies.... and I don't stop until I feel sick about it.
So to end today's blog, I have decided to go on a sugar cleanse to try and get rid of Cakezilla. I have a bridal shower to attend next Sunday and I would like to show some control there.
Today would be considered day 1 of my sugar cleanse. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a Mediterranean style salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for lunch with some plain yogurt and a pear. Nuts and a carrot for snacks, and for dinner pork cooked with bell peppers, brown rice, plain yogurt and pineapple. Although my brothers had chocolate ice cream and I had a tiny little teaspoon of it before I realized what I was doing.....So wops on that but I won't count it it was so small. Oh and I also gave up sodas and chewing gum because I was CLEARLY addicted to those as well and I think that's because they taste sugary!!! I need to get over my sugar addiction!!! I have seriously created a monster!
So yay day one conquered. I will let you guys know how I'm doing tomorrow! Oh and I'm also training for a half marathon with my boyfriend Briton, his aunts Sharon and Claudia, and his cousin Devon so I will make that part of my blog tomorrow!! This one is long enough!
Thanks for reading, hope I didn't bore you too much!!! <3
Run-Yoga-Floss-Travel-Eat-Love
No comments:
Post a Comment