Hi again! So my last blog got into the sugar cleanse I started on Monday. I am still doing it! 3 days in and it's actually easier than I thought. Not chewing gum is pretty easy and not having soda has its moments. I had my oatmeal mixed with egg whites for breakfast followed by an AMAZING "All Hail Kale" salad from the Veggie Grill (by Trader Joes in the UCI center). That salad was delicious, if you are a fan of salads and you haven't tried kale you should, it's amazing with the right dressing. Here is a website that I really like that has a recipe for the All Hail Kale salad you should definitely try making it at home it is delicious! http://toneitup.com/blog.php?Veggie-Grill-for-We-Love-Food-Fridays-Best-Vegetarian-Healthy-Restaurant-5014 . Let me know what you think.
I had a pear as a snack and for dinner my mom made fondue which we haven't had since two summers ago when we went back to France! It was soooo delicious. My mom and I substituted the bread for raw veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and mini tomatoes) as we are both gluten intolerant. Yes we are lactose intolerant as well but you can only sacrifice so much at a time. Although not having the bread to dip in the cheese was depressing, the veggies made an excellent substitute. I had peaces of pineapple and some green grapes for dessert while the boys (my brothers, my boyfriend, and my father) had iiiiccee cream. That part is always a little harder for me to not indulge but I did good, I was strong. So yea, I feel great, no real cravings yet. Well I do have a headache tonight, so maybe that's part of it? My brain isn't getting enough sugar haha. I also realized that my friend's bridal shower is Saturday and not Sunday so I haven't decided if I will end the cleanse with a treat at her shower or if I end with a bang and see if I can resist all the yummy treats that will be there in front of my nose! You guys should help me decide! POST COMMENTS!In other news I did mention that I am training to run a half marathon with my boyfriend, his aunts, and his cousin. His aunt told me that they were doing it 2 or 3 weeks ago when we were in Lake Arrowhead for the weekend and that's when we started training with them. We have been on the Fitness magazine half marathon training for beginners schedule and we run 4 times a week with Saturdays being our long runs. We have Mondays for cross-training and Fridays off =). I actually started with the half marathon training for intermediate runners but when my left Achilles tendon started hurting I decided to slow down and run the easier plan with them. I ran the OC half two years ago and finished in 1:55 but I didn't pay or register so I never got a number or medal. Then last year I trained but a little late for the OC full marathon and after my 20 mile training run my left knee gave out and I unfortunately could not run the race. This summer after finally fixing my knee for good I got a stress fracture in my right foot. My foot is now all better and of course something else had to start hurting. I have been icing, rubbing, massaging, epsom salt soaking, KT taping, and it's much better =). I've been able to run all the training runs so far so I'm really hoping my Achilles doesn't get any worse. As long as I stay on top of it I should be okay!! (yay).
Today I ran 2 fast miles as part of my training. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 3 (not fast...just normal) but I'm thinking I'm going to run 4 miles instead.... (I probably shouldn't). Then Saturday we're going to run 7 miles!!! I can't wait to see how my body holds up!
Again, thanks for reading and stay tuned for more =)
and ps- join me for a run or for some hot yoga sometimes. I love company <3
Run~Yoga~Floss~Travel~Love
No comments:
Post a Comment