
Well I finished my sugar cleanse last weekend and I did so so well! I went to my friend's bridal shower and did not touch the cake or cookies or anything! I can't believe how good I was! That night I celebrated with such a good dinner at Briton's house with scallops salmon, quinoa, and FROZEN YOGURT! I love Golden Spoon more than anything in the entire world and after being so good for an entire week I really felt like I deserved a treat! I even had red wine with dinner and a martini later on at the Balboa Saloon. Anyways it was a delicious night and I still lost weight over the weekend so I was very very excited!
My half marathon training is going pretty well too! I definitely still feel like my Achilles tendon is a little tense and my ankle is being a little b.... as well but it's nothing like BAD pain. I'm stretching it, massaging, icing, taping.... and I don't feel pain when I run it's only when I massage it or it just feels like tense post runs. Either way I am managing it and that makes me happy because a year ago I would have done nothing and kept running and complained when I really got hurt. I feel like I'm really getting better at taking care of myself and it feels good =).
The A+ Team running group (that name always makes me smile) ran 7 miles last Saturday and although we were not altogether we still all ran on our own time. I ran with Briton and his cousin Devon. Briton was way faster than us but we managed to stay around a 9 min mile throughout the run and I think that's good enough for my long runs. We had breakfast at Rose's Donuts afterwards and it was delicious as always!
My pace is a little faster when I run my short runs during the week. Both my 4 miles runs were around an 8.4 min/mile and my 2 mile fast run I ran around a 7.5 min/mile. I'm proud of myself, I'm running better than ever and taking care of my body at the same time. From the point of view of someone who CONSTANTLY gets hurt from pushing herself too much it is seriously something to be proud of!
In other news, I am obsessed with CorePower Yoga, still. I take one class there a week (prices are a little to steep for me) and I look forward to that day every week! Sweating, while stretching and strengthening my core for an hour makes me feel so good there is no comparable feeling! I leave my yoga classes feeling cleansed and refreshed! Plus I'm sure it helps with my sore joints from running 4X a week!
I have a special recipe for you guys this week!! I made a whole bunch of Kale chips this week and holy mama it is such a yummy treat and it is SO healthy, you can literally eat A LOT without feelings bad at all!
KALE CHIPS RECIPE
One ENTIRE bag of Kale (I got the pre cut pre washed one from Trader Joes)
Cut or take out all the fat white stems from the leaves
Rinse and dry the kale (as best as you can in one of those spinner thingies 8)
Put it in a bowl and put about two tablespoons more or less if you want it's really your choice of Olive Oil on it
Put some Sea Salt on it (not too much)
Add any other spices that you want on it. I added Provence Herbs because they are so darn yummy!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Leave them in there for about 15 minutes, take them out, mix them up, flip them over move them around and put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes but be careful, watch them so they don't burn!
Take them out of the oven and enjoy! I promise they are SO delicious! Let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading again peeps <3 I think I'll post a workout this weekend so stay posted XO
Run-Yoga-Floss-Travel-Eat-Love
No comments:
Post a Comment